Can you help us feed our community?
How We Provided Relief after Winter Storm Uri
You might have seen us on CBS DFW – we distributed nearly 80,000 meals on February 22nd – and that was just the beginning of what we did to help feed the hungry after winter storm Uri.
Because of our dedicated supporters, we will be able to continue to help our neighbors that are recovering from this storm for months to come.
Here’s some of what we did as part of our Boots on the Ground campaign
- Increased services to weekly to better serve those in need after winter storm Uri
- Distributed masks, socks, bottled water, and offered fuel assistance
- Delivered food to schools, senior citizens’ facilities, hotels, and more
- Helped find housing for 73 families who had been displaced due to winter storm Uri
- Served 1,596 individuals during our trip to Houston, TX, providing families with food, water, toiletries, and cleaning supplies
- Over 308,263 pounds of food distributed during March alone
Thank you to our Hunger Heroes for helping make this possible! A special thank you to our sponsors who were vital in our successful emergency efforts.